05-27-2021, 04:56 AM   #9
bmw_solid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 PreLCI 330d SE Coupe B.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieBMW View Post
My 330i has the M Sport pack and supposedly the B8 is the direct replacement for that. B4 is regular suspension and B6 is sport suspension apparently.

I'm looking for softer not firmer than factory so sounds like I should avoid Bilstein completely?
I would recommend Bilstein over SACHS personally. Bilstein was OEM supplier of shocks to BMW for E9x LCI models here in the UK. I think for America Bilstein was OEM supplier for both Pre and LCI E9x models.

If you want the original factory feel and decent comfort, then B4 is your best bet I think. Note that B4s come in two versions: B4 non-sport and B4 sport. If M-Sport then you will need B4 sport.

B4 are 10% firmer than OEM shocks so are only 1/10 more firmer than OEM so not far off at all. Maybe take a look at your front arms as well as they also contribute to comfort...

If you want to go for sublime comfort and decent handling which sort of beats the object for this class, then stuff like Konis and more premium Bilstein shocks (don't know which ones exactly) are your best bet but will surely make you lighter in the pocket!
Appreciate 0