05-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #11
bmw_solid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 PreLCI 330d SE Coupe B.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieBMW View Post
So if I'm looking for more comfort the B4 is a better choice than the B8 and will maintain the correct M-Sport ride height?

The Koni Special Active is actually not too bad price wise although I have no idea if its worth spending the extra $$$.

I just want the car to not be crashy over bumps and to avoid the chance of cracking and buckling wheels which I have done on many an occasion (I have like 10 damaged style 193's in my garage).
Not sure about what comfort and handling balance B8s offer and someone else will soon comment on those but B4 is the OEM equivalent from what I understand. Also, if you go for B4 sport shocks and have the corrct M-Sport springs in your car, your ride height should remain the same. The B4s at the rear on my E92 have not changed the rear ride height so surely the front B4s won't either!

But don't have high expectations of having a less crashy ride with the B4s as apparently the E9x chassis drives like this according to many members on here (I personally don't believe this and am trying to get to the root cause of this crashyness and thuddy ride in my car) but time will tell.

If you are on 19" rims, then I would highly recommend downgrading to 17" ideally but 18" might make a 30/40% improvement in comfort from 19". Furthermore, if you are on run flats, definitely ditch them for a more softer ride and less chance of cracking wheels!

I'm on 19" (no run flats) 225/35 and 255/30 budget tyres and even running 10% lower pressures for more comfort and have really bad roads here in UK with a lot of pot holes and haven't managed to put a crack on any of the wheels yet!
Appreciate 1
steifan31.50