View Single Post
      01-08-2022, 01:44 AM   #2
F31B48
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 E61 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takummie View Post
Recently my starter died on me and that thing was moderately tedious to get to. So I swapped in a way beefier starter that is designed for cars with auto start/stop so I won’t have to do this ever again.(Part number: 12417631559, DENSO 1.6KW)
Now since I have the proper starter in place and I already have 90AH AGM battery with 170A alternator which are the same thing on MSA equipped models, I really want to get MSA to function. I live in Japan and traffic is literal TRASH. I know most people around the world don’t like this function but in Japan it’s very, very common and maybe necessary. If MSA is gonna save me any gas anywhere it’s gonna be here. Of course I’d like it off by default, and only toggled on when I want (ik how to do this). To my understanding, I believe it should work on my 2011 E93 335i N55 with 7DCT.
I got the button but didn’t know which module to code, so I just slapped $1CC into my FA and SG-CODIERHENed every module with a blank .MAN file. I also coded IHK manually to get the button to remember it’s last state. Now every module including the button works like a charm, but MSA just doesn’t work. I got 2 codes:
A562 Message (status of Automatic Start/Stop function, 0x308) faulty, receiver KOMBI, transmitter DME-DDE
E72E Message (status of Automatic Start/Stop function, 0x308) faulty, receiver IHKA, transmitter DME-DDE
Btw JBE is the only module I didn’t code with the FA because I don’t want it to expect a dc-dc converter, which I have no idea how to retrofit. But I believe it’s not mandatory, if I can bear with my lights dimming each time the car auto starts.
I think the code is telling me that DME currently doesn’t understand why IHK and KOMBI are asking for MSA signals - which I should make it to. After some digging, I actually found a post of a person who swapped his DME without proper coding and got the exact same codes. DME is not ready for MSA. But I don’t think I can achieve that with NCS. Anyone please give me some insight on DME coding? Many thanks.
My English is limited but I’ll do my best
Have you got ISTA? Try running the test plans for those fault codes and see what it tells you to do. I don't think you can do much with the coding on the DME.
Appreciate 0