View Single Post
      10-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
I have run 3 sets of Falkens. One of them on a 120d. Basically thewere fine on the 1 series but it was a different matter on the E90 - and I am talking about on two different E90s.

On the first E90 initially they felt fine, but started to wear excessively on the edges. When this happens they became incredibly noisy - so bad in fact that I thought I had a wheel bearing failing so I had this checked out and was told the bearings were fine.

Then I paid out to have a full 4 wheel alignment at a stealers (thereby negating the money I had saved on the Falkens). There was nothing wrong with the alignment.

That E90 was then written off and I bought another. A new set of Falkens on this car did exactly the same thing. Hence I decided not to bother with them any more.

I am now running a full set of Nokian tyres from Oponeo - chosen because they excelled in an independent tyre test. All is well so far - although the fronts have only been on about a week.

So my recommendation it to avoid the Falken 452 as I don't think they suit the E90. I also have a set of Falken winter tyres for the same E90 and have had no issues with them at all.
Appreciate 0