A///MG_Power
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
Hi:

Just thought I'd contribute since I've used this thread to figure out what front bumper to get to replace my banged up stock version.

I'm very happy with how it turned out. Love the OEM CF splitters, although they were pricey.

The thing I really want to add to this thread is some info on the cold air pack (engine and brakes). The 'engine' part of the 'pack' requires the factory oil cooler. If you look at the last pic i posted, it shows the main parts, and you can see that on the left side of the pic (right side of the car) the intake is on the far left of the bumper and it fits into the outlet part (another plastic bit that fits on top of the the intake) that mounts on the front of the oil cooler. Bummer, since I don't have a factory oil cooler :-(. So for those of you without an oil cooler, don't bother, it appears. For me, the outlet of just goes straight into the front wheel well cover and there is no place to mount it.

As for the brake vents, the body shop who did the painting and install could not get the 'brake' parts of the pack to fit. They were able allow the stock ones to remain in place and seem to provide the same venting as the cold air pack versions. I'm having a FMIC installed in the next few weeks and will have the shop doing the install give it another go with the cold air pack versions (the ones pictured). If the new ones fit, I'll probably use them, but not really sure what the advantage of the new ones are.

Next on the list - wheels... Perhaps 18" 313s with non-RFTs for the summer.

You guys think I should black out the kidney grills with the gloss black ones? And thinking about the amber-gones...

Hope this helps someone out out there.
Thanks for the great info on the performance pack. It's not as simple as just slapping the bumper on! I think gloss black kidneys would look great, but that performance bumper looks great on your car! Cheers for Pre-LCI Performance bumpers!