View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #175
baxter3221
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Audit sucks!! Haha. M&A should be much more interesting. Proly the same hours though. I thought I worked a lot in tax but when I found about out audit people!! Wheww!! They r like slaves. Lol. I am still in public but love it wayy more than big 4. 10-5 job. Only busy time is Feb-April, then Aug-Oct. That too, it's only like full 8 hours of work. 9-6. Never stayed over 6 in the past year I have been working here. Worked one sat. Beat that EY!! Haha
Audit hours for most people are terrible. I actually didn't work long hours while I was in audit, it was just god awful boring. I couldn't find motivation to do things when all your work is just double checking what someone else did and then it gets filed in a basement and no one ever sees it again. Just feels pointless.

In M&A the hours are much longer (I worked until 9:30pm last night which isn't even terrible, I've done 4am on back to back to back days before), but at least you feel like you're accomplishing something. Clients rely on your analysis to determine whether or not to acquire a company or how much to pay for the company. Plus the work is a lot more challenging and it's rewarding to see things you put together end up in a final report that gets issued.

Plus the money is better

Supercharged 2008 E92 M - Sold
Appreciate 0