View Single Post
      09-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #239
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I commend the effort put into this post, genuinely.

Except not 1 aspect was an apples to apples comparison in a controlled environment.

Different vehicles, different parts of the country, different tunes, different heat soak, different ambients, different humidity and the list goes on. You'll chase your tail trying to figure out what is what and why.

I'll give it to you, ARM is a better intercooler then stock but I'm sorry the quality and efficiency overall will not stand up to a high quality intercooler.

If the ARM works for you or whoevers car it's on, the more power to em (no pun intended). However, until they compare another intercooler on the same vehicle in what is almost exactly same conditions, it's always going to be a moot argument.

There is a reason both Mike @XPH and myself run ETS intercoolers... Vendor or not, if we could choose any intercooler, why did we choose them? (We didn't get them for free).
Thanks, Jeff.

If you ask me, it's pretty easy to see from those logs that cars seeing similar loads, at similar ambient temps, are all seeing similar IAT's while running intercooler with similar total surface area. Quality and brand aside, the results all come out to be the same in the real world.

Not much data being presented in this thread AT ALL. It's just a bunch of vendors recommending the flavor of the month intercooler (no offense).
Appreciate 1
TrollToll654.00