04-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #362
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
Congrats on your new beast !

Did you do all that hardcore ring and autobahn testing with your previous flash tune or the proceede ?
I have an auto tranny myself and am corcerned about it's durability.

Fwiw I am in line for RB turbos and will tune it thru a custom jb3 map.

Thanks and drive safe.
I've done multiple trips to the 'Ring - the original Stage 1 turbos were tested with a flash-based tune, and the Stage 2 has been tested predominantly with the Procede. I have also run the Stage 2 turbos on a flashed ECU for about 500 miles but that was only in the running-in procedure.

The auto transmission has held up perfectly on my car. No issues at all, and that's with a huge amount of very hardcore 'Ring driving as other members will testify to. It's worth doing a gearbox oil change though, just to enhance the life of the 'box. I'm also currently working on fabricating a proper metal sump pan with cooling fins to replace the standard plastic sump tray on the gearbox. That'll take a while, perhaps another month, but it'll definitely be worth it.

I think you'll have great results with the RB solution - will be interesting to see how the JB3 works with it as I have no direct experience of that product. I'm a relative Procede newbie as well for that matter!
Appreciate 0