Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Yes, but that is a feature just like Cobb has launch control. Let's stay on topic - We are referring to the OTS 'static' maps, yes? If so, JB4 is a apples to apples comparison to Cobb.

And while I'm at it, JB4 out performs Cobb with both their static maps and features.
1st off, the last part of your post makes no sense.

2nd, since when does COBB has LC for their BMW tunes (there's also no NLS either before you say that)?? There is no directly comparison here UNLESS you're not using Map 5 (the AutoTune Map). AND if you want to compare the JB4 to a COBB, this is what happens:

E90 335 COBB (camera car) vs 135 JB4 (guess who wins every time):

The JB4/PROcede cannot possibly outperform the COBB when it doesn't modify fueling tables or engine timing. The COBB (just like a GIAC or EuroCharged FLASH tune) can adjust & recalibrate these engine performance parameters depending on the mods & gas being used + actually tune the car. Not that there's anything wrong with the piggys, but all they really do is change the boost being targeted & let the OEM DME compensate (which not only isn't tuning, it's incredibly stupid to run your engine & use the OEM DME/knock detection as a safety net)
Appreciate 0