View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #528
herr335d
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
Thanks guys.
Yes I live in Ajax. Any time you're in the area let me know, if I'm around we can get together and compare notes.
I got the car this morning and it exceeded my expectations. I'm impressed. The previous owner obviously took really good care of the car. Also being from Kelowna, BC (the car) helps. I don't think it has seen any salt.
Drives amazingly. The transmission is very smoth. Have not tried the paddles yet. The power (torque) of the engine is addictive. Love the diesel.
But there were a few things amiss. The car came unplated of course as they don't have Ontario plates in Alberta, but it came with no brackets for the plates either. I called the dealer in Edmonton, where I bought the car and they said:"Oops, sorry, just go to a dealer in your area and they will give you the brackets." Really? Are these brackets such a commodity that BMW just gives them away? Well, I guess this it will be my first test at Endras in Ajax. I will look up Shant, introduce myself and see how that goes.
Also, I have not found my wheel lock either. I need to find it before by snows get here and need to be installed. So, do you guys recommend run flats for snows? Since we don't have a spare, there isn't much of a choice, I guess.
Anyway, the car is very clean including the engine bay. Hard to believe it is a diesel.

Cheers!

Lino
Appreciate 0