04-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #56
octalon7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by koden View Post
the week before I took it back in I reset the codes and after a week of driving I was only getting 4592.

I'll follow up with them later in the week. Maybe now that they have 2 examples of the same issue BMW will be more helpful. I think they are trying to talk with BMW of Portland and they are less than helpful. Maybe Kuni would be better (or BMW NA directly).

I do think Chris made progress by identifying that manually trying to reset the increment wheel adaptation gave them an error (which didnt sound like it was reporting the error in the automated routine). My fear is that if it is a bug in the DDE software it will require a long process for BMW to fix.
My car is due for emissions testing in a couple of months. Starting to run out of patience/time. I haven't called BMW of Portland yet, just fearing I'll get a service (aka salesman) advisor who is basically going to tell me I need to bring it in and will ignore all my indications of what's been done so far to try to give me a service plan before they do their own diagnostics. I understand their play here, but I really just want to hear from a SA that can actually outline some ideas before I come in.
Appreciate 0