View Single Post
      06-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #210
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
So been running the N54 manifold over a month now and very happy with it. I’m finding there’s plenty of power for daily driving on the low end. With all the mods I’ve done the car pulls effortlessly from 2500 and many days I don’t rev it over 4K for almost the whole day... but there’s a bit of open 3 lane road on my last leg home where I treat myself and rev it out every day and it’s always a blast.

I listed my 3 stage for sale since I’m not going to go back to it. And Brown Santa just delivered the last piece of the puzzle I can’t wait to get this installed...

Yes that’s a 3.91 rebuilt with a helical LSD. This is my final power mod unless I decide to go to lighter wheels. Waiting on a vented cover to arrive from Deutschland and then installing this. I’ve been running a 3.73 diff so this is just a subtle bump in torque around 5% from what I’m used to, but it should make up for all the torque loss of running the N54 over the 3IM.
Happy for you! What benefits are you enjoying the most with N54 over 3 stage manifold besides the higher rpm. Is the linearity of reving her out worth it alone?
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3763.50