View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #9
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by criscarp View Post
Hi fella, did the replacement wheel carrier solve the problem? And this may be of interest to you. https://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum...nment-t567569/
You know, I looked on that and then stumbled across another thread about how common is it for a rear subframe to "shift" and I didn't know that was even a thing, I and even the chemix guy always looked for stress Mark's, bends but never any signs of shifting.

It then got me thinking, where did I put the last 4 wheel alignment paper before the knock because I was fairly sure the rear right (opposite side to knock) was fine camber and toe wise, but on the most recent alignment both the back wheels where out.

So, I took all the stuff put my cupboard and found it! And damn, if I'm not seeing this wrong it seems to me that rear right wheel (the didn't have a knock) just so happened to go from perfectly fine to way out 4000 miles and a knock later, so coincidental or has the knock fluffed both wheels up which of course are connected by the rear subframe. I'm not sure what to think yet as I don't understand the alignments great, the chemix chap went into some real technical details on geometry and what not but here's the before and after report

Appreciate 0