View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #41
DanoSTL
Rep
Drives: BMW e70 x3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13X5M View Post
I have that same EXACT setup as I went off of your recc for the adapter and I have the same exact mSATA as well. I loaded around 25gigs of music on the Music Collection and it worked flawlessly for around 3-4 months and then one day the music collection just disappeared and it couldn't access any of it. I tried deleting it and then it was giving me an error message when trying to reload via USB saying the USB transfer failed. It's like the Music partition got corrupted. I pulled the drive and did a low level format to make sure it was completely clean and reloaded it with a good image. Worked fine for about a week and then crapped out again yesterday. I'm thinking the adapter may be the issue as the mSata drive was fine and had no issues in the low level format and I'm going to switch away and go with a true IDE SSD and take the adapter tray out of the loop.
You get some pretty hot weather down there, i know! I wonder if that may have something to do with it? That adapter board may be failing under the high temps.
Appreciate 0