06-04-2020, 09:06 AM   #75
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardomi View Post
Thanks for taking the time and posting pictures of your problem. I hope my write up was helpful

I just bought a used gearshift assembly on ebay for $100 and I was going to try my luck today on replacing it but my buddy's shop is full so I will try on Monday.

What was your problem exactly? Because many people seem to be experiencing variations of the same problem for example, this is mine:

Whenever I move the shifter from "D" to the left, the small led on the PRNDL indicator (not the one on the dash) also moves to the left to the +- position. However, on the DASH the indicator stays in D, not DS.

When the shifter is tilted to the left, I can use it UP and DOWN to go through the gears and in the dash M1, M2, M3, etc is shown. The same goes for the paddle shifters the work like a charm but after a while of not using them (shifter or paddles) they car goes from a "M" mode to normal "D".

It seems like Manual mode works well but is the DS that is not engaging.

Was this your problem? Different variations of the same problem require different approaches like checking cables, checking PRNLD switch or in the worst case scenario replacing the whole gearshift assy.

What was your problem?

Best

-k
This is my EXACT problem. Everything is fine EXCEPT the odometer does not show I'm in DS mode. The M modes M1 M2 M3...etc...show up on the odometer and I feel that the car is in M mode. The base plate led light up when switched into S and M modes.

I even attempted to see if the car was in S mode but just wasn't indicating it on the odometer and it is NOT in S mode. It still feels like D mode. However M modes shift and jerk letting me know the M mode is actually working.

I did a quick visual check of my wiring under the shift indicator plate and it all seems intact. I will have to take the console apart to to a deeper check on the sides on the shifter assembly to see if any wires are broken deeper down.

I'm also wondering if it is a blown fuse as well. There is a shared 5 amp fuse [ FUSE 63 ]for the shifter assembly that also powers some central locking and key fob antenna modules. So if you are having issues with unlocking your car and the shifter assembly indicator then check fuse 63.
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0