AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
I paid for 1 injector out of pocket right after Xmas. Had problems 2 weeks ago where it was stumbling and hesitating again. I am out of warranty. I had 3 injectos failing, and they told me I might as well replace the other 2 to save on the labor. I complaine to BMWNA, and they covered the parts; as I just had to pay for labor.

I missed the recall by about 3 months on the build time of my car in 2009, but I am pretty sure there is an issue with the injectors that wasn't yet taken care of; as BMW didn't hesitate to cover.
Your entire fuel system is covered under extended warranty for 100k miles. You shouldn't be paying for anything, particularly where the DI system that is failing is a function of both the high pressure pump, and the injectors that require that extremely high pressure.

High pressure or not, I've never seen a car with such a ridiculous defective injector issue. Reminds me of hte VW/Audi coil pack failures in the mid 2000s. They couldn't produce enough replacement parts, so they only replaced the ones throwing faults, full well knowing that they'd all eventually fail and crap out.

Appreciate 0