keeedle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Garage List
2008 BMW E90  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild
So I decided to just clear off the snow in the driveway and wear like 5 layers of clothing n suck it up n go out there n do the damn thing....so I end up taking the wheel off and I see that there were some previous angel eyes installed n they were dead....the screws were stripped the plastic bracket was melted and one of the two knubs inside the housing that holds the screw in place was broken as well, just my luck....at this point I'm thinking its over with I'm jus sending these back it's not worth it....the knub that the screw threads into there's no way to replace, you need a whole new housing unit....mind u by this time it's 2 hours later for what was supposed to b 30 mins, anyway I put the angel eye in but it's only being held on by one side, needless to say its hanging on by a thread and there's no doubt in my mind that the next big bump I hit that next knub is going to crack n I'm gonna b shit outta luck....it turned dark after all this n I only got one side done...I don't even want to know what the other side is going to look like tomoro.....it's been a bad day....to top it off I go to take pics of how it looks n camera won't focus pics come out blurry and u can't see the rings at all In the pics....They are very bright tho at night at least...anyways hopefully tomoro ill have some pics after I see what waits for me in round 2.
Sorry to hear that. Correct me if I misunderstand anything, so you are saying that when you take off the wheel, there is already a broken angel eye bulb in the socket? You bought the car with broken angel eye? I feel bad for your situation, maybe you can try using tape to hold the bulb in there? Hope to see pics soon.
Appreciate 0