View Single Post
      05-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #11
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

To OP, don't know if you got this done or if you ended up doing it yourself?

But if you're still on the fence of paying someone vs doing it yourself. I would highly, highly recommend you do this with someone that knows. I tried it myself, and out of 4 brakes, I did 3 right.

The one that I didn't do right, I found out that the caliper had come off and gone right through my rim/wheel. I was fortunate I didn't lose control or hit someone because I was literally slowing down coming off the exit. Mind you, I was commuting from Concord to Santa Clara every (week)day for 2 months until this happened.

There's an affordable, but really good mechanic in Burlingame. He is the owner of the shop--High-Tech Automotive Service--and his name is George.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/high-tech-a...ice-burlingame

He's a pretty busy guy, but goes to show how many clients he gets. I've never had problems with him regarding his work or his service. Moreover, he is more than willing to work with you based on what you can afford. I.e. he can research a more affordable brake setup or may find a way to just replace you brakes and leave your rotors. If you ask him, he will try and accommodate.

He can do a lot of other things, but he seems the most apprehensive when it comes to installing illegal aftermarket parts.

Tell him Alex referred you!
Appreciate 0