View Single Post
      08-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #15
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

Hi, I am looking at these 2 subs for my F10 with 676 hifi and will appreciate some advise re amping needs.
I upgraded front door speakers to Focal K2 100 and have already bought a JL audio XD 400/4 V2 which I found in a very good deal (not installed yet). Now, I am looking to drive Focal K2s and one of these 2 subs through the new amp. Leaving the OEM amp for rear and centre.

The issue I have now is that SWS 8x are 150w RMS whereas the amp will give me 200w RMS when I bridge 2 channels for the sub at 4 ohms. Is that going to be an issue?
Whereas Focals at 90w will be only 180w at 4 ohms so within the power of my amp. But reading the reviews I believe that SWS are better if I don't have a sub in the boot which I won't be able to accommodate and they are a bit cheaper too compared to Focals.

So I need some advise which one will be better in my circumstance, if SWS won't be sufficiently powered then it won't make sense to go for those but if 200w could reasonably drive 300w subs then I would consider these else I will consider Focals. Thanks.
Appreciate 0