08-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #17
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
As a person that ran a pair of the earthquakes I would love to give a warning to anyone that finds this thread down the road.
I am a bit of an audiophile but also like it a bit loud too in the car. The Earthquake SWS woofers are the worst subs I ever ran in my BMW. Do not run more than 75w rms on one of them at sub frequencies, you will blow them. For the money, look for a set of Logic 7 woofers and enjoy. They will take a solid 150w rms without any issues.
This is very interesting. I have BMW 676 hifi system in my f10 M5 and I am pretty sure it is logic 7 and I was looking to upgrade the subs to either earthquakes or Focals but you seem very negative about the sws. To the extent that you rate stock subs over earthquakes.

What do you think is wrong with them? And if I were to run the stock subs via JL audio xd4000/4 V2 you reckon the subs can handle so much power, considering stock amp only provides about 40/45 w at the moment? JL audio when bridged will give me 200w @ 4ohms that's 100w per sub and I thought it would be too less for earthquakes but you say anything over 75 is too much. I am a bit confused considering it has rms rating of 150w.

Look forward to hear back. Cheers
Appreciate 0