View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #17
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen24 View Post
If this was Momentum on Southwest Freeway, this is a favorite money maker of theirs. I'm not saying you don't need mounts, but I replaced mine, brought my car to them for other reasons and had them tell me they needed to be replaced again. I advised them that the mounts were already new, and they quickly backed off. On my next visit, I got the same line.

I imagine they'll also try to tell you that you need a new oil pan gasket at some point. That's their second favorite money maker. They added comments to two of my invoices "customer notes oil droplets in driveway" without my ever telling them such a thing... and then tried to sell me a new oil pan gasket on the third visit, after establishing a "record" so that they could attempt to submit a warranty claim.

The Houston dealers just don't know these cars--the indys are going to be much nicer to your diesel, in my opinion.

scoundrels!

I highly doubt a "collapsed" engine mount is a thing.

I always thought the vacuum mechanism has an internal operation that does not raise or lower the mount at all. it simply increased or decreases dampening in a way that is not obvious by doing a visual inspection.

Unless a vacuum test was applied or a road test gives it away I don't see how that claim can be made.