01-03-2019, 06:37 AM   #89
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanduhh View Post
A) car would crap out once every couple months with fuel pump idrive notification..but no codes. would only happen when idling for 10+ minutes until recently I was waiting in traffic for the holiday light show idling in drive when it stalled out
B) FREE from Habberstad BMW dealership in Bayshore, NY
C) SULEV covered initially...made an appointment over the phone, spoke with the service manager and told him about my fuel pump issue and this warranty I found online
D) dealer made me a priority, personally talked with service manager upon appointment, told him about this 15 year/ 150,000 mile warranty for fuel tank/fuel pump....at first he couldn't find what I was talking about and was very nice about it, even showed me his computer screen to show me he wasn't lying. He only found a warranty for 70,000 and 8 years for the fuel pump but then continued looking since I kept saying how I saw it all over the internet. He then made a phone call and BOOM, he had to change some setting on his computer search and found the updated 15 year/ 150,000 warranty and told me he would run the diagnostic test and if it is fuel pump he would take care of it for me
E) BMW then gave me a rental car from enterprise on their expense since they were out of loaners, dropped the car off on 12/31/18 in the early afternoon, and got my car back 2 days later... 1/2/19 6pm. They washed my car and gave me no hard time at ALL. Was even able to drop the rental from enterprise off at BMW! Didn't have to deal with the bums at enterprise lol

Thanks to this forum I saved ALOT of moooola!!
Glad it worked out, kinda crazy so many folks saved money with this warranty that most never heard of!
Appreciate 0