View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #19
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

I have a few thoughts here that I want to gather input on... but first of all I want to say thank you to our homie Taskmaster for bringing this subject up. I can see that you haven’t given up on the n52 and I’m glad you are still punching the clock here on the n52 forum. We already lost CobraMarty so it’s good you are still contributing cause this forum has been kind of dead the last few months lol

Questions...

Are you guys certain Pete’s sample cams were not properly ground? Certain enough that it’s 100% worth redoing again?

It’s hard for me to believe with all the n52 track car 128/328 I see that no one has ever experimented with an exhaust cam. Wouldn’t we have seen this already if it worked? Wouldn’t BPC have done this on their turbo built it looks like they spared no expense there?

If this is new ground and it looks worthy then maybe this would be possible as a “crowd funded” type pf project. I for one would be willing to gamble some of my hard earned $$ on doing a test cam with a dyno tune. I would even do it on my car but I’m too far from BPC and I honestly don’t trust any tuners in my area.

Is there anyone close to BPC that would take point on this (they need to have MILV’s) or would BPC be willing to install and test/dyno/tune a cam on one of their cars if we supplied a part (maybe contributed towards expenses)? Just as speculation maybe 10 people each chip in $100 and we can get a sample part made and tested? (I have no idea the expense involved but sharing it seems more doable than one person taking the big gamble.)

How do we get BPC involved?
Appreciate 0