View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #9
spazzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi MHD&XHP,2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk6spd328 View Post
Thanks for all the info and replies, I checked to see if anything fell through the plastic covering where the subwoofers are, nothing fell through. The weird thing all the speakers sound distorted, so it can't be all the speakers are blown, and it just can't be that a car which costs close to 45k when new has a worse sound system than a Hyundai accent..lol. I'm just not convinced that this is just the way the audio sounds, there has to something else.
Yikes, all speakers distorted?????!!
Look at your amp for any tell tale water intrusion. White dried film.
Check the plug to the amp. Pull it out and use a mirror to look at the amp side for corrosion.
My daughters speakers were ALL distorted on her 08, E92 HiFi.
When we replaced the speakers the doors had melted the magnets, one had come off and was in the door. Every speaker except the right rear and 1 sub was toast.
After replacing them everything was cool except for the passenger door and pillar tweeter, fuzzy sound
That's when I ran across an old post here from someone saying water in trunk , then a plastic burning smell and no speaker volume. Bingo, everything fell into place.

---------Look at your amp.---------
I should have taken a picture of those speakers. It looked like someone went to town with a bic lighter on them and the door panels.

She bought a new HIFI amp and all good.
She spent 400 for the better Logic7 speakers and new HIFI amp.
It took me and her boyfriend a few hours to do the whole change out.
It took longer researching the whole BMW sound options.

We started with the pull out the head unit and check plug scenario.

Look at your amp. or did I say that already??
Appreciate 0