08-16-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
JUMAS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
VVT ? lol VVT usually stands for variable valve timing (VANOS) which, valvetronic is not. Lets avoid making up acronyms because its confusing for everyone.

I had these codes. I only get them with newer MHD maps that have had valvetronic adjustments done which twisted tuning never explained in any type of detail.

So i dont run these maps anymore because i personally believe there is an issue with them. Eventually you get these codes enough and your car one day will not start because the motor is out of limits. That happened to me.

I now run older rev maps that dont have any valvetronic adjustments messed with. And i never ever seen these codes again.

I was told i might have to change my motor. But i havent changed a thing but the map and everything has returned to normal for thousands of miles.

So just FYI. Not saying thats what is happening with your car could be different.

Also no this has nothing to do with PCV.. PCV noise is idle only.

PVC is a pipe plastic for plumbing LOL
GREAT INFO!
How do i go about getting an older version of an mhd map? I run the up to date ones and would like to avoid any issues.
Appreciate 1