View Single Post
      05-07-2022, 04:54 PM   #16
The_IMF
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by patroklai View Post
Unfortunately, it could be a lot of things. My story is similar in that it all started with me chasing a soft pedal. My theory is that I overheated the fluid and boiled it which allowed air in the lines.

Since that, I replaced the master cylinder twice (first one failed), abs pump once, brake booster twice (mine was leaking and second one failed) and only after a lot of brake fluid flushes (pressure method, manual method, pressure+ista, reverse flush) I was able to get it all corrected.

The design and pathways of the brake lines make it easy for air to get trapped somewhere. If you have enough air, you will trigger that dsc error. Check for leaks too as it may be that simple.

I also recommend the one way caliper valves to avoid air returning back into the lines.
Thanks for the advice.

I just did 4 hours of bleeding today and still the calibration is failing. I've got the one way valves on there and a pressure bleeder. I don't care about the soft pedal anymore, I just want my DSC and ABS back 😂

I've upgraded my brake pipes from the middle of the car to the back to kunifer as there was some corrosion and put stainless steel hoses too all round. I cannot see a leak anywhere so it has to be air... I do have a replacement master cylinder but I hate bench bleeding and how messy it is to change that 😐

I'm going to carry on bleeding tomorrow but just stick to one wheel instead of constantly going round the car as I don't think air is in the pipes but probably in the DSC itself or something.

Hopefully something will give before I give up and torch the car.
Appreciate 0