04-20-2021, 02:00 AM   #59
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroZ View Post
DONE! my E series DVB box is all working. Can pick up channels etc. box sits behind the carpet on the passenger side. runs off the ICOM most connector in the passenger footwell using:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210419...z/264569819808

I put ampire ANT600 antennas under the mirror caps. routed leads through the door (done similar before for gps).

I have ordered a F/G series DVB-T2 unit with RSE. Hoping the unit does not not need the firmware update mentioned by ccfj1. I do not have esys, nor a most gw, nor a bench setup

Can anyone who has DVB check if they have the Zoom option for TV on their E/F/G series DVB box? I have it with my E series box but I've heard others say they do not have it. The zoom option looks like this (in "option" menu):

pic without zoom:

pic with zoom:

My cic is on FW version c13/c16 if that matters (USB map updates, apps without FSC, no intel123 patch)

Attachment 2583538

Attachment 2583539

Attachment 2583540
Nice one.

The zoom option is still there, and while the later Tv modules fill the screen better than the older ones, if you want full screen, you still need the zoom (it does however cut the top and bottom of the screen slightly).

TV should work regardless of version, but the T2 module might need c1a.

if your t2 unit does need a flash, PM me i can do that for you.

Appreciate 0