View Single Post
      05-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #128
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Well I had my own problems that day and don't like to bench race, but I'll take an auto any day on the dragstrip. If we're talking about a standing mile race, thats another story. Let's get together when you have better tires and we can try again!
Dont get me wrong i am not saying that your car did not do good or anything, i think you had the fastest BMW time out there that day. All im saying is that i think a manual with a good driver will always be just a bit faster than an auto because of the drivetrain loss. I just cant believe we were keeping up with supercharged M3's!!!

I raced an older guy in a black CL55 AMG last night on ventura blvd, he took the launch on me the first time cause i didnt know he wanted to race but i never fell behind his car, so i pulled up next to him at the next red light and he was all like your car is quick but its no AMG, i started laughing and then i launched on him and left him like right behind my car all the way up to like 90mph and he just flipped me off and kept going, i made a left turn still laughing. I love this car!!! Smokes $130,000 AMG Benzes
Appreciate 0