View Single Post
      08-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #57
The Cthulhu
Banned
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Then you should have also stopped posting, because this entire thread was about something that would have been nothing more than a drag race.

In fact, I'd guess your entire purpose for taking this as far as you have was to attempt to impress people with the fact that you've owned a Lotus, or a bunch of numbers that mean nothing in the real world.
I didn't think drag races started at highway speeds... And of course, numbers and calculations mean NOTHING in the real world, not in science, not in engineering. Certainly not in things you care about, like road testing cars and designing the N54.

Let me dumb it down for you, since you obviously missed my point:

Light weight sports cars without LSDs are built to drive on tracks rather than drag strips. You might kill them on a drag strip, will not kill them on a highway pull (if they have a better pwr/weight and plenty of extra HP after they overcome drag), and definitely will not kill them on a track. Your car is heavy for no performance reasons.

And BTW: my Exige cost me less than my 135i, so I don't see how that would impress anybody. You obviously have some security issues... and if the "numbers" were over your head, they pertained to why horsepower almost directly determines top speed in cars, even though power/weight determines acceleration. Try thinking some time, I'm sure you're capable.

OP: PM me that kill story, "numbers" mean nothing in the real world, so I need to hear about how your car smoked one that weighs 1/3rd as much, with almost as much power.
Appreciate 0