05-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #19
Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Mik352tds and I are still sorting out the 6HP26/28 differences. The solenoids and their activations do seem different. However, at a high level, that is not going to matter. Just like in engine ECUs, certain maps have certain kinds of patterns. An EGR map, for instance, is not too hard to identify in any ECU just because of its characteristic shape. I am learning as fast as I can what 'shapes' are in a typical TCU calibration. Here's a teaser. This an easy to find map in the calibration file. The peak has a value of 4648. Hmm sounds like our WOT shift point doesn't it? Still trying to figure out the axis.
Wow, Derek you are great! I have yet to install WinOLS... . We'll be looking at these type of maps a lot over the next weeks and months. I was a bit surprised to find out that the transmission controller is actually build by Bosch! The fact that WinOLS doesn't show a checksum for this map is a good sign. It seems there's just one CRC at the end of the file then which we'll still have to figure out. We might need to purchase the CRC builder for WinOLS. But we'll deal with that later.
Appreciate 0