Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Thanks Socks. Yes it is running very well on the BP Ultimate 98. Also, it is nice to be able to drive anywhere with good fuel economy (600 kms to a tank compared with around 400 with E85) and get fuel anywhere. When I compare the differences between the E85 and 98 in performance on the strip, there is a 0.7s improvement in time and a 10 mph improvement in speed with E85. But that is using drag radials. On street/road radials, the difference would be nothing as both would lose traction in the 1st, 2nd & 3rd and with the E85 even more so. It was good to get down to 10.77s but to improve on that, I would need a built engine and larger exhaust to reduce back pressure. The built engine will not make it go any faster but would ensure, it didn't blow up. The upgraded exhaust would improve output with E85 but all of that is going to cost $15,000+. At my age, I can't see the benefit for that outlay. I could buy another 335i for that cost.
Totally agree Coupes, E85 is ok for a bit of fun but not practical as a daily driver fuel. You have heaps of power without sinking loads of money into chasing that last 5%. Is really a case of diminishing returns. Tbh most street driving is under 5000 rpm, pretty rare to use power at WOT on a commute to work lol. Really impressed with your numbers, clearly have got the launch and shifts sorted.... nice
Appreciate 0