02-02-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Have a 2010 E92 335i with USB/Aux in the arm rest and CIC I-Drive/Nav.

Would like to retrofit a Combox for USB audio, primarily Spotify from an Android to include Album Art and all that.

I see Comboxes on ebay from different years and model cars. Is there a specific year/model Combox I need to get? Or, will any of them work?

If I am understanding the hardware part correctly, I need a Combox and an adapter harness. I remove my TCU1.5 and replace with Combox and harness. One thing I see mentioned a lot is MULF. I'm not sure if I have one and/or where it might be located if I do. It isn't in the trunk where the TCU is.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
You would need combox version BN2000. You can repin your current harness to fit the combox as an option. Easier to get a harness though. The Mulf unit should be mounted to the same bracket holding the the TCU. One atop the other kinda thing. You also can reconfigure the MOST adapter loop to take out one leg that will not be used.

If you really that interested in BMWApps; upgrading the CIC to latest software by virginiizing and getting FSC codes specific to your car is possible now. it may be a pretty penny however to find someone capable of doing it.

IMO - Do the retrofit of combox unit first and then try operating spotify by Bluetooth. You get steering controls as you would to skip songs and the album and song name is displayed. No Album art for as I can remember. That's the way I play music currently though I have BMW Apps. Come to think of it, I'm not sure BMWApps is capable of working with Android devices so that maybe a mute point.
feuer4275.50