Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyca View Post
Hey VMR... I have a set of 710's that I bought used. They are in rough shape but I work sales at a large powder coating facility, so I guess it works to my advantage. I am having a hard time tracking down a color that is similar to your "hyper" or "super" silver. What supplier do you use, and what is the exact color code? The closest I have been able to come up with is Tiger Drylac's Mirror silver, but it looks a little more dull, and anodized aluminum from TCI. Most of our work is large scale industrial jobs, so we don't have the need to use silvers too often. Any info would be great! PM is fine if you don't want to share the information with everyone.

Thanks!
We don't actually have any paint codes for our wheels. Our Hyper Silver is kind of hard to replicate as it's a multi-step paint process. It has a black base coat which gives it a little more depth. PM me if you have any other questions I could help you out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
Hey VMR, just wondering......how much more does custom powder-coating add to the cost of the wheel? I mean, for show its great and all, but Ive had 3 sets of VMR wheels (2 19' sets and one 18" set) and at least 3 flats with 4 cracked rims (from NJ roads) and honestly-----they dont hold up very well to real world conditions out here. If powder coating adds $400 to the cost of a wheels, I would rather put $400 into strengthening it instead...make sense?

What Im saying is that yes its great you guys have all these color options and the wheels look awesome, but how bout some stronger wheels? I mean If I had to replace a cracked or dented custom powder -coated wheel, that would suck twice as bad.
Our custom powder coat is offered to our customers as an optional add-on. We offer it as an opportunity for our customers to customize their wheels to better suit their style and personality. The wheel casting process is a bit more complicated then tacking on another $400 to create a stronger wheel. All our wheels are JWL, VIA & ISO-9001:2000 Certified with a load rating of 815kg, which exceeds the standard requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
Of course no answer to that......
I apologize for such a late response. There are many other threads we have to look over and it's been pretty busy here in the office with our newly released v705's. If you ever needed an immediate response, feel free to call our offices at 714.442.7916.