View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #64
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
Yeah, I agree with you. I think something mounted higher like where the idrive screen is would be best. Unfortunately the units that have that run off of aux and apparently sound super shit. The other option are the model specific units that relocate the climate control and remove the stock HU. I don't like how these model specific units move everything lower and the viewing angle is definitely not ergonomic. The best compromise I think is how the 1 series guys have done it with the Joying units. Let's you mount it over the trim and higher than the model specific units. Also, no relocating of climate control and seat heater buttons. I really don't like the relocating of climate controls.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...5&postcount=14

The joying units do have an option for an extended cable for the screen if someone was to go full retard and hide the HU say in the glove box and run the screen ribbon to the upper dash. i don't even know how both units could be retained but its certainly a possibility.
Interesting... I wonder what we could get away with in our cars... I guess that looks better than I thought... that is the wide narrow screen... the 9" or 10 would probably block the A/C vents.

Yeah all those AVIN units that piggyback off the aux are trash, the look is cool and the way it mimics ID7 and so on is nice, but the aux-in is a dealbreaker... and most guys on here have no idea what quality audio even sounds like... so all they see if flashy apps. I'm looking for quality audio 1st... so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel for this android units... Especially if you are going to replace the amp at the same time and go with something like the match or A/F.
Appreciate 0