View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #39
overheadvalve
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I Coupe/2017 Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeliber View Post
Thanks. Going rate (list) seems to be around $33k-$36k at around 30k miles, so these wholesale numbers seem inline if not a bit low. How much should a dealer expect to make? I took a look at a couple local auctions before I bought and I couldn't find any D's to speak of but then again, I easily could have missed them.
Manheim auctions are dealer auctions. BMW Financial, Toyota Motor Credit, GMAC, etc. Mostly lease end, repos, or rentals. Competition among dealers is fierce for future CPO cars. Especially at a BMW Financial dealers only sale. So if you look at my auction results figure several thousands of dollars added to sale price for profit AND CPOing the car. There is great incentive provided to dealers to purchase cars at a BMW Financial sale. Free floorplanning, special finance rates to retail buyers, discounts to dealer on the CPO warranty cost. A very profitable side of the business which can at times run up auction prices way beyond any of the "book" values seen at Edmunds, Kellys, etc.
Appreciate 0