View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 02:11 PM   #56
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dLeader View Post
Thanks! I'm curious your opinions on if the iDrive is desirable? I really wanted a single hump car without iDrive. More of a classic look and retro style. I think I need to upgrade this screen eventually...it is just too old and clunky.
I think CIC is desirable. I only use my car's nav feature when I'm out in the mountains and out of phone signal range, so installing something like android/carplay would be useless to me. Regardless, I rarely use maps directions on phones or cars since I find them annoying, especially google maps, waze, apple maps, since they'll tell you bullshit instructions like 'continue straight' as if I'd just take an exit to see if it coincidentally led to my destination.

I think you have the right idea with the direction you wanna take the car. I get where everyone is coming from on it but mine makes 400whp and looks/feels completely stock. Makes power like stock, just more of it. No rattles, warning lights, clunkiness, unreliability, or any other negatives typically associated with 'modified' cars. Engine bay looks 100% stock to the untrained eye and even then, the only modifications are the cowl delete and charge pipe/quiet BOV, both of which can be returned to stock in an hour with no permanent effects. FWIW I'd never do the damn cone filter intakes, and yes you should replace your injectors, HPFP, and anything else that may not be up to snuff on the car as it sits.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 1
matamua80.00