View Single Post
      01-21-2023, 06:33 AM   #28
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
What is the point you're making here? It isn't clear...

If you're going to keep suggesting, as you have been, that the government shouldn't be involved and it should be driven by market "demand" alone. Then government shouldn't be subsidizing oil, roads, etc.

It isn't "government should subsidize the things I like, but not the things I don't".
I appreciate your post. It illustrates what scares me about people that think the way you do. We, I, you ARE government. Too many people put government on this high pedestal, something to almost be worshiped, if not, highly looked up to. They don’t do anything. They are WE. WE are THEY. Some of us, mostly who don’t want make much money (IMHO)but enjoy power, work for government, and make these things happen for the common good using OUR money. In a representative republic like the United States has our representatives are supposed to implement the will of the local people that elected them. We, us, want roads, so we, us, elect representatives to go make that happen. If we don’t like how much money they spent on the roads or how they were built we fire them and elect someone new. I love listening to politicians, lecture business, and how they should feel lucky to have the roads that the government provided them. You know from that money tree that government gets all its money from? What a joke.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17315.00