View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #688
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

I'm surprised also but not really surprised.

I had many reasons for getting the 335is over an 335i also and didn't want an M3 because of its higher price, higher insurance and over all higher maintenance cost reasons.

Most people buy or lease the 328 or 328 convertible. I do see 335i's around but I have only personally seen one other 335is which was last year. The dealer has a couple in the show room.

People that are looking at a 335is may also be looking at an M3 and won't compromise on a 335is or that may look at a 335i vert or 5 series for the price. This makes the 335is truely an enthusiasts car.

Likely the 328 power is sufficient for the DC are where we have the highest congestion in the country. Also around here people are crazy. They ride your @ss driving anything and then you rocket off and they catch up a minutes later and do the same thing like their car is as fast as yours. Its rediculous. You can't maintain your speed to get away from them because you risk a ticket which is also big business regardless of what cops say. This is why Northern VA refused to raise the speed limit to 75 while the rest of Virginia was raised. Tickets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012000056.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinDJ View Post
This is one of many (and I do mean, MANY) reasons why I would get the 335is.
Appreciate 0