View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 12:25 PM   #24262
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
I put LCI xenon w/ AHL on a pre-LCI xenon car.

All was plug and play, everything works , including angel eyes, high, xenon.

But AHL, of course. Seems like I have the wiring since I have a code in the FRM. (Ill might only code this out)

Anyway, this is strange, I was expecting way more ''retrofitting''

I did this same upgrade to my 330. My 330 had pre-LCI AHL xenons, however the donor LCI headlights didn't come with the modules, so I used custom ABS plastic plates to block off the opening at the bottom of each headlight and removed the adaptive option ($524).

Very plug and play, though I did have to set SIDEMARKER_US in the FRM to "nicht_aktiv" to keep the amber turn signals lights from staying on as running lights when the headlights were on. The actual LCI amber corner lights (three amber LEDs in the upper corner of each light) don't work since the pre-LCI headlight connectors don't have the wiring for these lights, which I am OK with.

I didn't care about adaptive lights, but my 335 has them and I really like it especially on dark curvy roads. However I've heard a lot of people say that upgraded projectors give you significantly better/wider/brighter light output negating the need for adaptive lights. That's my next big project on my 330.
Appreciate 2