M5_1of400
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 / 2011 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecastle View Post
Not many, and not many have the time to tweak too.

However, having had several tuned cars over the years, sometimes the hobbyist can pull of amazing feats.

Sometimes the experienced engineer tuners can accomplish things that are way beyond an experimenter. I saw this with APR they had a pretty decent tune for the k04 turbo on an ea888 gen 1 engine. Then they hired a guy who was an engineer for Audi’s racing team. He took aprs tune to a whole different level in version 3.0 that transformed the car.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...em-Version-3-0!

High power increase at all rev ranges, avoided turbo surging, improved part throttle response, and etc. there is a lot more than just good Dyno numbers, particularly transient responses. It would be nice to see how various tunes compare to each other in drivability performance, fuel economy, transient behavior etc. since we have options I’d like too try some of these out.
Exactly.. BRR spent thousands of hours tweaking his tunes and they don't disappoint, more importantly he makes sure the tunes are also safe.

Unlike other vendors that create, modify and sell tunes for multiple platforms BRR is solely dedicated to M57s and if you ask me that is a big advantage.