View Single Post
      02-27-2016, 11:47 PM   #79
TwinTurboRacer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 335i

I swear I have the worst of every possible coding situation with my 2010 model year CIC.... Okay, I've done coding before with my Pre-LCI E93, but when I tried to use the enet adapter (as linked in the eBay link OP posted and same as what a poster a few responses above had bought in the UK), I have no connection. Windows is showing the network adapter as not plugged in. I've tried MANY things including the following and looking for any advice.

1. Checked resistance, shows roughly 499 to 503 ohms.
A. I desoldered the resistor and used a pot I set to anywhere form 510 to 540 and it did not help.

2. Possible JB4 CANBUS interference?
A. I set to option 0-0 (Default map).
B. I even disconnected the JB4 from the ECU!

3. Cable bad/incorrect?
A. I tried multiple Cat5/6 cables I had at home. Verified with both straight through and crossover cables. Nothing worked.

Through all of this, I verified I can use my regular coding cable and access the OBD port.

In all of this, with Windows Firewall and Anti-Virus all disabled, my ethernet port (on THREE LAPTOPS; 2 Dell, 1 MBP) all did not detect a cable being plugged in. I tried setting to 10, 100, 1,000, and Auto settings. I've updated/downgraded drivers on the Dells. WiFi was turned off on all of them as well.

I verified the pins (continuity tester) were wired properly by the Chinese manufacturer. Ground is to the RJ45 metal jacket of the adapter, which I don't think matters since the ethernet cables are all plastic sleeved. Even the ones with the cables pre-fabbed have plastic sleeves, so the ground seems to be irrelevant. That said, I've tried to ground that jacket to chassis ground as well. (I'm serious when I said I tried everything I could think of)

Battery was just swapped (and properly coded as a 90ah AGM version). I even tried this with the engine running. And yes, while not running, this was done with the "2nd push" mode, SES light on, all others off.

ANY ideas would be appreciated. That or if there's someone in the Northern NJ area that would be willing to try and connect with their setup and let me know if I'm the crazy one or if something's wrong with my setup/car, I would appreciate it.

Last edited by TwinTurboRacer; 02-28-2016 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: More things I've tried
Appreciate 0