07-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #120
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Growing up and Canada and HK standing up for yourself served okay, but it doesn't apply to known criminals (who are prone to violence and have don't value their life, so you can never make them back down, you should never put your life on line against someone who doesn't value theirs) and when you're not in a country where you're not familiar with the laws.
When I have kids I am not going to teach them the same thing, avoiding and defusing is the only option - there is no more 'standing your ground' when any confrontation can end deadly.
And if where you live the laws are such that deadly force in self-defence is permisible, you may want to carry and carry the attitude "don't touch me, i have a gun - don't touch me"
Gotta start teaching the kids to rat out and get on the good side of teachers (authority figures) rather than "If Johnny hits you, you hit him back, okay?"
Is there anywhere in the civilized world where deadly force in self defense isn't permissible? Does that country train all their citizens in non-lethal threat neutralization? Are you expected to just die if you can't safely subdue your attacker?

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|