View Single Post
      08-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

I have some dynos on Australian dynos for the latest stuff on a stage 2.5 135I 6AT. Unfortunately our dynos in Australia are calibrated to read lower (this is a fact... just ask dyno dynamics who sell to Australia and USA and have calibrated dynos sold to USA to read higher to be closer to other USA dyno readings). Also, we read in kW, and not hp. The car has:

* Procede V4 latest
* Decat pipes
* Exhaust
* DCI
* Meth

The dyno can be found in this thread from the Australian forum:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423987

The results were:

* valet mode - 199kW (267hp) ATW (so this is like stock tune but with exhaust/DCI so higher than stock readings)
* Map 1 (no meth) - 239kW (321hp) ATW (13.5psi with stage 2 mods)
* Map 2/Meth - 279kW (375hp) ATW (15.5psi)

For reference, 40kW is about 54hp. Typically, a stock standard car on this dyno would be around 180kW ATW (which is around 241hp ATW.. which is lower than USA dynos). So we have gained about 135hp ATW over a stock car with all mods with meth, and about 80hp ATW without the meth. This is with Autotune on set to defaults and power was still rising with the meth with consecutive runs.

I was pretty damn impressed with the results of the meth. This is one of the highest dyno results ever achieved in Australia, and the car has stock intercooler, and only relatively simple boltons. The owner was very happy even before it hit the dyno, as the car really picked up when the meth was fitted.

Adrian
Appreciate 0