View Single Post
      12-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #216
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Thanks. I do have the CIC which i just retrofitted. Sounds like adding the MULF will at least give me phone and USB. The combox itself isnt much more, but sounds like it could be a bit more of a headache to get working. Unless I can find the pin outs from my white connector to the 26 pin.

I do have voice and phone prep, so hopefully most of the mic wiring is already in place. What i gathered is that i still would need the BT antennae and repin below the fuse box as you mentioned.

Any additional / thoughts / suggestions on which route to go are appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
No problem and your welcome. The wires do not need to be re-pinned to have the mulf2 working. Only repins would be the mic wiring if you have similar iDrive setup such as noted by OP in this thread. When I did the retrofit I did have to re-pin the white connector below the fuse box to get the mic functional.

Re-pinning would be needed for a combox retrofit to another new connector for the combox. I think that is a 26 pin connector. This is however only for idrive vehicles. The combox unit does not work with non-iDrive cars. Though I am not sure of the options installed to your car.
Appreciate 0