View Single Post
      04-24-2021, 05:37 PM   #3
bmwkrakow
Poland
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i e90 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Dude View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles. If its not any of the coils or injectors, then you may very well have an ECU problem, specifically your MOSFETs, which are 6 specific computer chips that control the voltage and triggering for each of the injectors.

Also, when you switched your injectors around for testing, did you reprogram your car's engine with the 6-digit codes that are printed on the side of the injector? If not, the ECU might not realized you swapped the injectors, and would be sending the wrong signal to those particular two injectors.

Here is a good video on MOSFETs, and what they do. If the MOSFET controlling cylinder 2 is fried, you can have that individual MOSFET replaced (requires removing old MOSFET, and soldering a replacement on the circuit board in the ECU). Otherwise, you will have to replace the whole ECU, and that can get expensive.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check regarding the coding. But with mosfet if there is a issue, i will see problem with misfire all time or after running for few kms and that alao just while starting the car. Any thoughts on that?
Appreciate 0