02-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #3835
dinkoh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 lemon/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScream View Post
If you did not specifically request lag-fix, then you got the [ironically named] rattle-fix. And, like me and at least a few other people here, you hear the wastegate opening at 3300 RPM.

I know you already believe me, but if you want to see for yourself that it's the wastegate, just open the hood and get a friend to rev the engine while you watch the outside wastegate actuator arm, and you will see it open at 3300 RPM. Or, set up a video camera trained on the turbo and do the revving yourself. If I had a tripod, then I'd do this and post it for everyone to see.

To rule out noisy wastegates as the differentiator here, I am wondering if someone who DOESN'T hear the noise could run the above experiment to visually confirm my theory. That would be, if I am not mistaken, anyone with *confirmed* 2.32.1 lag-fix and/or anyone who is pre-29.2.

Lastly, dinkoh, this almost slipped by me... are you sure about E89x-08-03-530 and 2.32.1? IIRC, 08-03-530 is the 29.2-30.x data status, which means that one of those numbers must be incorrect.
I specifically requested the lag-fix. I did not mention any "turbo or wastegate retrofit". They did mention that my engine would be louder, not sure if it included more wastegate rattle or not.
Appreciate 0