View Single Post
      03-27-2021, 07:51 PM   #8
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick46 View Post
If we default the modules will that undo any coding ive done previously such as folding the mirrors off the fob and digital speedo?
You don't need to default the entire car per se, just the affected modules. But I'm not 100% which modules are affected so I typically recommend defaulting the entire car so all modules are updated as per the new VO. Kombi and TCU are the main ones but there may be others.

You can take a back up first and save it. Edit the VO. Default the modules. Then compare the backups with the defaulted trace files using NCS Dummy. Then modify your backup files for the lines that were changed when the module was defaulted for +TELD. Then restore modified the backups which contain your previous custom coding and the new changes from defaulting +TELD

Any custom nettodat coding will need to be manually restored.

EDIT: I took a look at my old coding cheat sheet. I've noted that ABG, Kombi, CAPPL, and TCUM need to be defaulted. Airbag module will tell TCUM that an accident has occurred. CAPPL is iDrive...similar coding to remove error notification as with kombi. If you have a newer module, it will be CIC. There is no notification on RAD2 non-iDrive

Btw very rare to see an E91 330d....I'm in the US. And there are two in this thread! Nice build guys!

Last edited by matteblue3er; 03-27-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0