View Single Post
      06-23-2019, 07:08 AM   #2756
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007BMW335i View Post
Custom launch control (on the 6hp) is limiting torque in the gears you have traction issues with, via customization module. You will have to experiment to see what works best for you. You want a little bit of tire spin but not so much that it goes sideways or just "blows the tires off".

Brake boost (stalling torque converter) will cause fluid temperatures to rise due to the load on the fluid in the torque converter, you will want to minimize the time you brake boost. Won't hurt anything else any more than normal braking and acceleration.

As for how long you hold the brake, how much throttle and when. That too will take experimenting to see what works best with your car and it's modifications, tires, etc... Many people launch in 2nd gear because it's so easy to spin the tires in 1st.

For me I hold the DTC button for 3 seconds to turn off all traction control and DSC. Currently I limit my boost in 1st and 2nd gear with MHD as I have a baseline with boost that I do not yet know how to correlate with how much torque is needed for the same results. Once I get it dialed in where I want it I will try the single push of the DTC button.

Read this? https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/la...rol_explained/

RBT Tuning can add or correct anything I missed but it sounds like once you optimize your torque limits the single button push traction control will work as it did on a stock car. Allowing some slip without excess throttle closure.
Thanks, yes I read that, as I never brake boost and the 6 speed zf has no real LC where you for it and it holds revs until you let go of brake, I was wondering if we do the same on zf6 speed.

I'd rather not risk any Damage to Torque converter, so repeated use can potentially cause serious damage?

Regards
Appreciate 0