View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #476
vanosracing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
You know, I think I will be keeping this heavy car for a while, but I was just curious to know what's out there. If funds were no issue, I'd pick a used Porsche Cayman or a used C6 Z06, kind of no compromise and light track car. So I wanted to go see a Vette and to sit in one, to see if I can live with one, but alas, there were none!

As for the track thing, you should not be worried where your level is. It is important to have fun first, be safe and then fast/quick. When being fast/quick is taking over the fun, or the safety, it's time to back off and regroup/reassess.

That is the reason I never tracked more that 5/6 days a year, nor getting a camera.

Cheers!
If your planning on a Cayman, I would go with the S. For the Vette, I believe the BMW instructor Matt Levine as a Z06 or ZR1 (not sure which one). You should speak to him. What about a Boss 302?

I was never one to overdrive the car on the track, I still have to get home after the event plus I have heard of too many hot heads at some events. 5-6 days per year would be nice and I would like to try new tracks.
Appreciate 0