Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
If the shop already did it, then they should have some comparison pictures, some stats on flow capability, pre and post dyno's, etc.

I got a bunch of PM's so let me provide all the details here so I don't get anymore Q's

So basically as I posted a while ago, I have a good friend who's dayjob is repairing turbo's and rebuilding turbos. I spoke to him about the upgrade and I made a post about it on here, but people kind of shot down the idea and since he didn't know what to do about the wastegates he didn't want to tackle the job anymore and just put me in contact with some companies who do a lot of turbo kits or make the parts for some of the well known kits we see people re-branding and selling.

I contacted a couple of the companies, but none of them had interest in a "modified OEM" setup, they pretty much only do kits they build from scratch. Just about a week ago I randomly got a response back saying that they had done a 335i which was either a workers car or a shop car or whatever it was and that if I was interested they have something ready to go for me at X amount of dollars... it was a very high $$ amount. So I decided to use my negotiating/bullshitting skills from years of import and export and I buttered them up pretty good.

Basically in order the convince them that the 335i had a market for their product I had to feed them some bullshit and I kinda lied and told them that I can tune/install the turbos myself and I have blah blah experience and my company can sell "XX" number of units and I am rready to purchase immediately upon solid proof of what the turbos can do. They said that if I'm dead serious rather then me doubting them and having double thoughts, they would do a very very special deal on a set of turbo's for me because they are confident that after I install them and see what they can do firsthand I'll be ready to buy from them wholesale.

The good news from this was that I got their attention and got a deal, the bad news is that no I can't install them myself so it will cost me labour to install and if they turn out not so great labour to remove.

So I passed on the deal to superbmw and 2 other local friends of mine and told them to discuss amongst themselves if any of them would like to takeup the offer.

Problem # 2 - They don't sell turbos retail and don't want to be involved in retail business, they only do wholesale orders or they provide branded products for companies that sell kits. So we'd need someone to either buy like 20 sets or a company to pretend they make them and sell them as their own product like they do with everything else they sell.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0